Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using CI for JOOMLA Development [ V 0.56 released on 24-April-2011 ] [HOT]

[eluser]gowrav vishwakarma[/eluser]
I had to change a lot in core ( I was trying hard not to do that, but i had to) to make xCIDeveloper to generate modules also in Joomla, Then I knew a thing, Why there is No Big CMS developed in CI while it can make any sort of application. It uses a single point entry (as JOOMLA) but one instance of application cannot replicate it self as the way constants are defined, I have modified it in such a way that each instance (Even if called by another running instance) is separated by some sort of namespace (I managed GLOBALS in php 5.2 for this namespace).. Now I have a working xCIDEveloper that can Develop COMPONENTS as well as MODULES of Joomla.. launching soon .. this is just an update

Now we are on joomla extension directory
xCIDeveloper at Joomla Extension

Now Develop for Joomla in CodeIgniter, xCIDeveloper 0.6 released. installs in Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 in same way and components developed in xCI works same in any of joomla version. http://www.xavoc.com/

[eluser]nikes[/eluser]
So as I completely grasp - there may maybe be only just one controller for just about any solo componnet, right?

@nike: Nope, you can use MANY CONTROLLERS as long as you are ready for external links.
ie.
Code:
index.php?option=com_{yourcomponent}&task;={controller}.{function}
thats easy.

[eluser]HydraOrc[/eluser]
I have a trouble having a component and a module on same page, it throws a 404 ci error, probably because there are $route['default_controller'] in both of these and one overwrites another, any solution please ?

Hi,

can you please tell more about the error you are getting...

also try the followings and send the details..

what if no module is used .. is component working fine
what if only module is user .. on any other component, is it working fine

[eluser]HydraOrc[/eluser]
Yes, they work totally well separately.
The problem is present when they are on same page. If i exit from php at the end of component, i can see the component (without any joomla ofc).
So i assume that after component was shown the module usage throws 404 somehow.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB