Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Unable to load library, only on remote server

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm having a very weird error here.
I made a site in codeIgniter that displays all the pictures from a Flickr account, I used the phpFlickr library to do this. During development on my localhost, everything works perfect and all albums and pictures from Flickr are loaded.

Now i moved the site to my online webspace and now CI gives me the following error:

An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested class: phpflickr

Can someone please explain me why this works perfectly on my localhost (MAMP) but not on the remote server?

Thanx
Arne

[eluser]beaufrusetta[/eluser]
I've had this happen to me before. Locally, my laptop didn't care too much about case sensitivity, but on the server, it did. Try camel-casing the file name in the load->library call (or autoloader) - whichever one you use.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Indeed, that was the problem, renamed my phpFlickr.php file to phpflickr.php and now it loads perfect. Forgot the case sensitivity in linux server for a minute :p

Thx for the reply

[eluser]beaufrusetta[/eluser]
Glad I could help!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi there!

I am having the same problem that all my libralies work fine in my local computer but when i uplod to the server i get the same error;
An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested class: Pearloader

I have tried to change the file name to lowercase as suggested but nothing have worked yet. Can anyone help?

[eluser]Cesar Kohl[/eluser]
That was my problem too. Thanks for the tip!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If you use an ftp program most of them have a setting to upload all files as lowercase!

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB