Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Making my own PHP framework.

[eluser]Moult[/eluser]
Hi, as one of my learning projects, I have decided to make a PHP framework.

I have had experience in PHP, I know OOP, classes, and I have recently been learning about MVC (about a couple of weeks). I want to make a PHP framework. I have been recommended to look at codeignitor. I have tried making modules but that doesn't exactly each me more about the framework itself. I'm not exactly sure how to start making the framework, can anybody give me any tips?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
You should look at the code found in the codeigniter directory that is the heart of the framework.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Maybe the only essential element of an MVC framework is the front controller with the controller-method routing. Everything else can be bolted on from existing best-of-breed class libraries. I've used CI without CI views or its database or loader.

[eluser]Moult[/eluser]
Well, I have just looked inside the /codeignitor directory, and to me, it doesn't explain much either. Am I missing something?

Maybe a better method is for me to just start making a simple front controller with the controller method routing, then consult with people as to how to improve it, as Rick Jolly suggested. Does anybody know any good examples of a well planned front controller/controller routing that can help me?

Thank you.

[eluser]thurting[/eluser]
zend framework

if you want to learn from CI, start in the bootstrap (index.php) and follow the code as it progresses from there.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB