Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Developing code in MAC from PC

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
As a longtime Mac Designer/Developer I'd have to toss in my set of tools, I currently use Aptana IDE, Coda and SubEthaEdit for my codework, Textmate is a great tool too, but I've just never bought it. Your making a great choice in switching to Apple, now with the Intel machines your still able to run a copy of Windows via Bootcamp (which may elevate your concerns of IE testing as well, I just usually bug my buddies who are still Microsoft fanboys).

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
A little tip: under the windows system , i use an exe file for test the mail in local: with this exe c++ program i have solved the problem witout any server mail.... but under MAMP how to do? Thank you

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
I have found this Mail Server: but anyone has tied it for testing in localhost under MAMP? Thank you

[eluser]pwninja[/eluser]
Just a quick note, XAMPP does work on mac.

[eluser]Don Pinkster[/eluser]
I am using MacPorts (Apache2, PHP5 and MYSQL5) and Textmate with Cyberduck.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
and for testing email in localhost... what you do?

sendmail is already provided with Mac OSX, so nothing more required.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
well: but you know a tutorial for working with sendmail for use in localhost.... please excuse me but i have more difficult with the setup of sendmail for testing in local...Thank you

You don't have to setup anything, that is the best part Wink

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
For anyone interested:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ies4osx

It runs ie on your mac w/o any virtualization software or any of that stuff. I put a google search because at this time the site is down (i think because of every major blog writing about it)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB