Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Developing code in MAC from PC

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
This is not stricty CI, but.....
I want to buy a MAC 20" for the develop... Actualy i use a PC WINDOWS, with, basically, Easy PHP ECLIPSE, APTANA, XAMPP and FileZilla as FTP CLIENT.
Under MAC, Eclipse work..... But FileZilla and XAMPP no..... What is the best MAC XAMPP? What is the Frequenty problems? And, a problem: how to test the html in Internet Explorer?( i think Firefox work under MAC)
A Mysql explorer a s SysLog exist as free?
Thank you for any suggestion and please excuse my english language.
Ciao!!

Andrea - ITALY

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
the most recent version of the filezilla client is available for several OSs

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
I personally use the following on a mac:

phpeclipse
coda
xampp from apachefriends
phpmyadmin
transmit for ftp

[eluser]RIVO10[/eluser]
just CODA...

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
A mac, comes with php installed, you can install mysql freely.

XAMPP is great on Windows - the equivalent on a mac is MAMP (www.mamp.info) ... there is a free version and a buy version. The PRO version is a nice GUI app that facilitates your webserver within MAMP... great tool.. I bought it.

FileZilla FTP? well, I use transmit - again costs money BUT there are great alternatives that are free.

BROWSE the apple.com downloads section, it's all categorized.. Great resource to find what you need

[eluser]tobben[/eluser]
- MAMP (pro or not)
- Transmit (FTP)
- TextMate (Editor)
- CocoaMySQL or NaviCat (SQL)

[eluser]andreagam[/eluser]
Hi, Andrea

You could also try:
- Cyberduck http://cyberduck.ch/ (Free Ftp/sFtp client)
- skEdit (editor)
- CocoaMySql (free - check for the last version (0.7b4))

- Enjoy your new Mac!

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Thank you at all!!!
The next week i go on the MAC.....
And anyone use this http://tacosw.com/ ? Thank you

[eluser]maadmac[/eluser]
[quote author="abmcr" date="1193613672"]Under MAC, Eclipse work..... But FileZilla and XAMPP no..... What is the best MAC XAMPP? What is the Frequenty problems? And, a problem: how to test the html in Internet Explorer?( i think Firefox work under MAC)[/quote]

Transmit
MAMP
CocoaMySQL
Coda

You'll never go back.

Re: Internet Exploder, feel free to install Windows on your Mac. I prefer VMWare's Fusion over Parallels, frankly:

Fusion

You know, at first I thought it seemed like my installation of XP ran a little faster in Fusion than it did on my Dell at home. Then I found this:

Fastest Vista machine is a Mac

So you could even use your Mac as a Windows machine full-time, if you wanted (not that most people would), and it will work even better.

Finally, to install multiple version of IE (we only test back to v6, so I've got IE6, IE7, Safari, Firefox and Opera on my Windows dev enviro) use this:

Multiple IE

Works like a charm!

[eluser]Escee[/eluser]
[quote author="abmcr" date="1193698193"]Thank you at all!!!
The next week i go on the MAC.....
And anyone use this http://tacosw.com/ ? Thank you[/quote]

Mac.. good choice! :coolsmile:

Taco works good.. but I didn't really get used to it, so now I'm using Textmate. But when you have the Mac, just try some of these programs, not the whole installing routine, download, click & test for the most of them Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB