Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sub pages not appearing

[eluser]ToddyBoy[/eluser]
I have uploaded CI for a new site I am building. I have created a temporary page saying that the site is being built, etc. This page appears fine. I used the default_controller option to point to the temp page when the root of the site is called in the browser.

The problem lies when I create a sub page, eg domain.com/services, I get a 404 error. I have used routes to point /services to the home/services controller - this doesn't work. I have tried a controller called services - this doesn't work. I'm really confused as to why this is happening. I have used CI on 6 other sites and all of them work fine. I'm not sure if this is a server issue or a CI issue.

I'm not sure of any tools I can use to bug track this. Any suggestions?

[eluser]oldmatt[/eluser]
Well, it's kind of tough to say. Do you have any code we could look at?

There are many things that could cause that. Usually when I have a problem like that it is some small typo or oversight.

[eluser]joakley77[/eluser]
Are you using Dreamhost by chance? Not all Rewrite rules will work on different servers. Sometimes you have to play around with it a bit.

Try accessing the controller via http://www.site.com/index.php/controller and see if that works. That's how I found the .htaccess problem. I have a few examples laying around if you find that's your problem.

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
As has been said the last two times, we can only help if you show some code of what you have.

[eluser]R_Nelson[/eluser]
i was having rewrite problems at one time my self using a subdomian i forgot to remove the index from
Code:
$config['index_page'] = '';
in the config file! :cheese:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB