Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Login with rember me

[eluser]R_Nelson[/eluser]
iv'e been watching a lot of the tutorials for making a log in and i have a few questions!

1. How do i use cookies with CodeIgniter so that i can create a Remember me function?

2. How do i use the data base for a more secure session?

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
I'd suggest having a look at IonAuth or TankAuth as login libraries....you will learn a lot from that code

[eluser]joakley77[/eluser]
I use IonAuth and it's been a great tool to help automate the process.

If you want to do it on your own there is the "cookie" helper or the "session" library.

For storing sessions in the database that can be configured in your config.php file. About halfway down there's a section for enabling this feature. Look at the session library for more information on how to setup your database table.

HTH Wink

[quote author="joakley77" date="1299723633"]I use IonAuth and it's been a great tool to help automate the process.

If you want to do it on your own there is the "cookie" helper or the "session" library.

For storing sessions in the database that can be configured in your config.php file. About halfway down there's a section for enabling this feature. Look at the session library for more information on how to setup your database table.

HTH Wink[/quote]

that's why i asked the question i need to see how its done i work better from seeing how its done than some documentation that kinda tells ya how. i need an example please

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
Documentation is full of examples
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...sions.html

that's not really a working example maybe a video or a tutorial if that would have helped me i would have had it done and not asked the question. I really need a good working example!

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
http://www.google.com/search?q=codeignit...n+tutorial

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Here are a couple very easy to understand Libraries of a CMS that uses Auth!
Both libraries can be found here, they will need to be converted for CI 2.0

Fresh CMS and Auth Libraries

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB