Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to CI2, need lots of help (including a code conversion from ZF)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
First are there any CI2 specific tutorials? I'm really, really struggling. I'm new to frameworks (but not PHP) and I am really having a TOUGH time getting past the very very basics. I can't seem to figure out how to get all the pieces together...something like a system that lets you login, and then do basic stuff with a database... a form with dropdowns that are db driven would be nice and has validation would be nice. I dunno. I'm just so confused.

Regarding logins, I am currently using the Zend_Http_Client for a system and I absolutely NEED it to work for logging in users. I can't seem to figure out how to do the same functionality in CI2 - could someone help me? I need this in order to use CI2, and I want to learn and use it. I've been trying to wrap my head around CI2 for a few days and I feel like I'm still at square 1 and very frustrated. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Here is the ZF code i need help with:

Code:
require_once 'Zend/Loader.php';
            Zend_Loader::loadClass('Zend_Http_Client');
            $client = new Zend_Http_Client('https://www.myserver.com/rest/authContext?ttl=-1&realm=DefaultRealm&returnRawToken=true');
            $encUserPass=base64_encode($user.":".$pass);
            $client->setMethod(Zend_Http_Client::POST);
            $client->setHeaders('Authorization','Basic '.$encUserPass);
            $response = $client->request();

if ($response->getStatus() == 200) {
                 //do good stuff
            }

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
The CI Wiki provides tutorials:
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Category:Help::Tutorials

I would suggest to get familiar with the CI framework basics first (you said you
are new to frameworks). Shouldn't be that hard if your PHP skills are good.
Then you should be able to do the stuff you descibed.

I don't know what your ZEND class is doing in detail - maybe you can use an other
auth library to do the same?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB