Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter ORM

[eluser]introvert[/eluser]
Hello,

I've been using CodeIgniter for a while and got used to Overzealous Datamapper ORM extension. Now that the extension isn't being maintained // further developed (as far as I noticed) I don't want to stick with it with my next CodeIgniter project and would rather have another solution, one that has a brighter future.

Do you think that my frustrations are rational?
Are there any good ORM alternatives?

Thanks for suggestions

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
DataMapper is developed, but not by OverZealous anymore:
DataMapper ORM

[eluser]introvert[/eluser]
Do you guys recommend doctrine or something else?

[eluser]ipsod[/eluser]
I use DMZ.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
[quote author="cahva" date="1299654967"]DataMapper is developed, but not by OverZealous anymore:
DataMapper ORM[/quote]
Correct.

Overzealous didn't have the time to maintain it anymore. Datamapper isn't dead, far from it. v1.8.0 has been released recently, and I keep on developing it, as you can see on bitbucket.

DMZ, and Overzealous edition, were terms used by Overzealous. When he passed the development to me, he requested to drop both the name and the acronym, as they belong to him.

[eluser]Bitmaster[/eluser]
[quote author="introvert" date="1299651472"]Do you think that my frustrations are rational?[/quote]

When your ORM or anything else you use is bleeding to death, of course you worry. I wouldn't want to be having to find alternative solutions for every project just because development went dead (generally speaking and depending on the situation).

[quote author="introvert" date="1299651472"]Are there any good ORM alternatives?[/quote]

Yes. I'm sticking to Doctrine.

A quick peek at Datamappers bitbucket repo will show there's plenty of activity. Even Overzealous' old DMZ website will point you nicely to Datamappers new home.

If you read up, and follow the forums, there's no need to be frustrated. Behind the scenes, we're working very hard on Datamapper 2.

For clarity: I meant projects in general and the understanding how one would become frustrated when things are dying. For Datamapper this is apparently not the case.

Sorry, it was more a reaction to @introvert, I should have made that clear.

Ah, no problem. At least we debug ourselves. Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB