Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any known problems with JQuery or more specifically Nivo-Slider ?

[eluser]raenk[/eluser]
Hi,

I've been using CI for 4 days and love it already, great guide, very intuitive. I'm far from being a pro programmer (I know basic PHP you may say) and I feel I'm doing great with CI so far, haven't got into anything too complex yet, but I'm working developing two sites with it already with no major issues so far.

Ok, now my small issue as the title says. One of the above mentioned sites was already being developed with procedural php and I'm moving it to CI. I'm using the nivo-slider jquery plugin http://nivo.dev7studios.com/ and I'm having some issues in CI (wasn't before the move, exact same html markup and CSS). First, weird enough, I had to specify height for a DOM related to the slider because otherwise the DOM collapsed (I still don't understand how CI would mess with it). So now it shows its content (sliding images), but the slider effects are being affected, some works some doesn't quite well.

Is it normal that CI would or could mess with JQuery or Javascript or affect client-side code/behavior like this ? I did some search in the forums (which in the past four days has been my bible along with the user's guide), but haven't found anything of the like.

Thanks !

[eluser]Edmundas KondraĊĦovas[/eluser]
I don't see how CodeIgniter could affect jQuery or this jQuery plugin, to be exact. Since CodeIgniter is a pure framework, you create the logic and the design structure yourself. It would be interesting to see how you include jQuery and the plugin.

[eluser]raenk[/eluser]
[quote author="Edmundas KondraĊĦovas" date="1299954230"]I don't see how CodeIgniter could affect jQuery or this jQuery plugin, to be exact. Since CodeIgniter is a pure framework, you create the logic and the design structure yourself. It would be interesting to see how you include jQuery and the plugin.[/quote]

OMG, now I feel stupid, I rechecked for the 100th time and found a tiny little '.' that wasn't supposed to be there in the CSS plugin file name. I guess I was really tired last night and my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I knew it didn't make any sense that CI would mess this up, but it was the only difference between the php procedural site and CI site (and that dot, now I know). If it wasn't for all the hair pulling last night I wouldn't never bring this up in PUBLIC !

I guess a fresh morning always renews our sharpness... ah the power of dreams.

By the way, I include this with an assets helper.

Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB