Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter in Big Project | server requirements

[eluser]Wuushu[/eluser]
I'm rendered speechless by your ignorance. I'm out. Smile

[eluser]phpserver[/eluser]
Okay,i am not ignorant,i use linux myself,but i keep asking myself what a perfect os it would be if someone took the time to and make it simpler.I have tried windows and i think the hullabaloo about a windows server being unreliable is totally unfounded;ignorance is when you support an os unconditionally because you did not pay a dime to get it.

[eluser]raenk[/eluser]
[quote author="phpserver" date="1300220380"]Okay,i am not ignorant,i use linux myself,but i keep asking myself what a perfect os it would be if someone took the time to and make it simpler.I have tried windows and i think the hullabaloo about a windows server being unreliable is totally unfounded;ignorance is when you support an os unconditionally because you did not pay a dime to get it.[/quote]

I use Linux on servers and on my desktops and believe me "free" isn't the reason. It's bad enough to use an OS that needs to get reinstalled twice a year to keep performance up (at least on deskptops) and I like to keep my environment clean, nevertheless, perfomance drops one way or another.

I don't think a windows server, or specifically IIS could beat the performance of nginx, litespeed, or even a well tweaked apache web server and I'm not even mentioning combining them with any of the great PHP accelerators available out there.

And don't get me started on documentation and community...

[eluser]ecsyle31[/eluser]
Who doesn't want to use a server OS with troubleshooting techniques such as "restart the production server"?

[eluser]Mohammad Rashidi[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1300120786"]The only issue with using CI for large sites comes down to the efficiency of your queries, indexing the right fields in the db, gzip compression, loading your assets quickly, caching, etc none of which are really entirely down to CI but can be made easier when using it.[/quote]

we are going to use an Intel 5620 CPU with a 8 GB RAM . our server port is going to be 100Mbps. how do you see this?

you are right. we are analyzing about are database to be Specially optimized.

[eluser]Mohammad Rashidi[/eluser]
[quote author="narcisha" date="1300145946"]I run a million-user website (youth community) with 45 million rows in a simple mysql database. We run with three servers (www, db and static content), none of the machines is anything out of the ordinary and the pages load in 0.01sec. Huge sites comes down to good caching (I recommend memcached) and optimized queries where you cant cache.[/quote]

thnak you, we are going to do some R&D about MEMCACHE you pronounced.

with this amount of users in your website, what is your server port? 100? 1000?

[eluser]Vamsii[/eluser]
if you really cannot handle the load, try using Amazon RDS
http://aws.amazon.com/rds/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB