Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter in Big Project | server requirements

[eluser]Mohammad Rashidi[/eluser]
hello everybody.,

we are going to develop a big Project whit CI, i mean a Portal. that will handle all of the organization's tasks. we will have more than 68000 users witch will come to this portal to register their data. so, for most of them, we must send verification emails! and also SMS. this registration, must be done in Just 6 days in a week. and we know that we would have more than 80% of users (totally 68000) in the beginning days!

after Fully registration, we will have more than 5 Million records in our MySQL database.

i would be appreciated if anyone recommend us anything.

how do you see using CI for this project.

what do you recommend for our server to be?

Best regards.

[eluser]Hire Codeigniter Developer[/eluser]
Server should be Linux
PHP Memory 512MB than it good . its giving good peromance in php application
Prefer RAM 4 GB

thanks.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
The only issue with using CI for large sites comes down to the efficiency of your queries, indexing the right fields in the db, gzip compression, loading your assets quickly, caching, etc none of which are really entirely down to CI but can be made easier when using it.

[eluser]moodh[/eluser]
I run a million-user website (youth community) with 45 million rows in a simple mysql database. We run with three servers (www, db and static content), none of the machines is anything out of the ordinary and the pages load in 0.01sec. Huge sites comes down to good caching (I recommend memcached) and optimized queries where you cant cache.

[eluser]Hire Codeigniter Developer[/eluser]
Thanks man..i know what you talking..Memcached. and it great too...

[eluser]phpserver[/eluser]
Just to add,go for a windows server,explore other database systems and analyze carefully on how to protect your data.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="phpserver" date="1300189469"]Just to add,go for a windows server[/quote]
Are you insane?

What's wrong with having a windows vps,i know for a linux one,you will have to pay to use the redhat or suse or just settle for free software like ubuntu,centos etc and pay heftly for support if you need some,that being said windows has E.S.E :-P

[eluser]Wuushu[/eluser]
Wow you guys can't be serious.. Windows Server? Big Grin

I knew that was gonna catch someone's attention.So far i haven't heard anything linux offers windows doesn't.I think its about time the hype about linux hosting died out.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB