Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ligher Fluid, A CI 2.0 Boiler Plate

[eluser]mdgrech[/eluser]
I've put a CI 2.0 boiler plate together. The details are noted below, I'm hoping the CI forums can provide me w/ some valuable early input Smile Any guidance/advice is appreciated, thanks!

https://github.com/mdgrech/Lighter-Fluid

Lighter fluid is a kick ass boilerplate for CI 2.0. Best practices are baked right in allowing you to jump start your project.

Install:
1. Place directory in your public_html folder
2. Set base_url under ./application/config/config.php
3. That's it!

Features:
* Eric Meyers CSS Reset
* Logical template system to keep your views folder organized
* JQuery deliver through Google's CDN w/ local fallback built in
* A .htaccess file that just works
* Logical public folders created for you IE css, js, uploads etc
* A robots.txt that defaults to allow all

If thats not enough to wet your whistle somethings majorly wrong w/ your whistle...

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
You should include a google sitemap generator, a basic contact page with form that emails site owner, a very general terms of use page, and a very general privacy page. You'll pretty much need those things on any website.

[eluser]mdgrech[/eluser]
Hey skunkbad, thanks for your input. A contact page, terms of use page, and privacy page strike me as something more suited for a CMS. My goal is create a boilerplate for CI 2.0 that will allow developers to get quickly up and running instead of spending time configuring CI. The sitemap generator isn't a bad idea though.

Any other input here folks? Thanks.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Neat idea mdgrech. I spend a few minutes at the start of every new project setting up stuff like this (and probably will continue, but neat idea nonetheless).

[eluser]mdgrech[/eluser]
Thanks Derek, thinking about adding a blank favicon.ico as well to help developers remember to create one. Does anyone have any security settings they they almost always change when starting a new project? Perhaps that would be a good thing to add next...

[eluser]shinokada[/eluser]
Boilerplate included 'Boilerplate Build Script'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXpCB3U_4Ig

Can you test if it is possible to use it in CI?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB