Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
JTaby Semi-Automatic Administration System

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Hello Everyone,
I've been working with CI for 3 months now and as soon as I built my first project, I noticed that something was missing: A backend generator. So I started working on one for my own project then I noticed that it was generic enough and flexible enough to reworked as a bunch of libraries working together. Then while browsing the forums, I kept seeing requests from people who need a way to generate a backend for themselves, or their clients. After seeing how my client reacted to the system, I decided to release the system and share it with everyone, so, here goes:

Current Release: 1.2.1

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure you have the latest version, the previous versions had bugs which could possible present security holes.

There are two versions to download: The basic, and the full. The full comes with CI bundled, the basic does not. However, the full comes with a CI bug fixed which used to cause an error when global xss filtering is on.

To install the basic version, just drag & drop the files/folders into their respective folders (as shown in the directory structure of the zip)
WIKI page
Live Demo (username: demo, password: demo)
Documentation
Download JTabyBackend Basic (932 KB)
Download link (With CI Bundled - contains a CI bug fix) (1.2 MB)
Setup video
Creating your own Form Element video

The zip also contains CodeIgniter (latest release). The video should be sufficient to help you setup the system and play with it. It shouldn't take you longer than 1 hour to figure how everything works, it's quite simple: Just look at the bundled examples.

Main System Features:
- Transparent multi-level login
- Validation
- Unified messaging system
- on-the-fly form generation
- Extremely rapid development (~40 lines per controller)

Version 1.2.1 Changelog:
- Fixes a bug which triggered a "Cannot redeclare class TextBox" in PHP4

New Features in version 1.2:
- Sorting
- Multiple fields in list view
- Bug fixes of all sorts

Notes:
- It has come to my attention (Athfar, #codeigniter on irc.freenode.net) that IE7 is PMS'ing about the CSS, so instead of fixing it, I'm going to do what any die-hard OCD'er would do, and redesign the whole thing, make it brighter and happier Smile
- Please note that this is the first time I release open-source code like this, so let me know if I'm doing this wrong.
- I'm working on getting a hosting account to host the file and a demo.
- The video takes a bit to load, but once it's loaded, it should play fine.

[eluser]schnoodles[/eluser]
Very nice, also i loved how clear your code was compared to some other videos i have watched.
Only thing i can suggest is maybe add some more onto the documentation.

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
Hey Zaatar I have numerous stagnant domains and hosting available for free to CI members for CI projects...

PM me if you want this hosted.

-Lee

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
Nicely documented.

This seems like it is similar to FreakAuth. A all in one user admin/authentication that is extremely hard to integrate into a existing site design, or am I wrong?

It would be nice if you released some of your code separately, like the user messaging system.

Well, Here's the idea, it's kind of like FreakAuth, except it doesn't integrate into your site per se, instead, it's a whole other application that installs separately and the purpose isn't to manage authentication, it'd be near impossible to do that without modifying the code beyond recognition, it's make to integrate with your database and provide a single-entry point for your clients to manage the data.

On that note, i'm working on an update which I should release sometime tomorrow, few bug fixes and a couple of new features.

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
Is the Monster in your signature referencing Monster energy drink? If so hopefully its the green version!

I drink way too many of those a day! Hows the revision coming?

-Lee

http://jtaby.com:82/dump/Photo%205.jpg

does this answer your question? Tongue

and i'm almost done, doing the final testing, making sure it works on shared servers and what not....i'm thinking about switching from TinyMCE though, it's being buggy. what do you guys think?

[eluser]nmweb[/eluser]
TinyMCE released an alpha or beta for version 3 which looks promising. Most importantly, it's faster.

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
Nice!!!

We are two of the same.. but my wife makes me throw out the empties... Where do you live? Here in Canada we pay $2.99 for the 473ml cans.. but we drive 2 mins across the border and buy the XXL 750ml cans for $2.09 and our dollar is worth more?? Damn Canada Tax!

-Lee

hehe I live in detroit michigan, we drive 2 min across the border and get drunk at 19 :-D

i plan on cutting those up and creating a monster poster hehe that rhymed not sure how much i get them for though, i just swipe the card Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB