Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URL links

[eluser]mistress_shiira[/eluser]
hi guys!i was wondering if you could help me out with this one..
i have a certain project that im doing right now...i am sending it to people's email address(this is not spam).more or less like a special occasion card.
now,the problem that i have right now is that on some email providers like gmail and hotmail,links like www.google.com that i have inserted within my paragraph are underlined and treated as links instead of just being plain text..and whats more when i hover into them,there is an annoying light blue hover background..i have tried to customize it using css but it reli doesnt work..

help pls..
thanks

[eluser]thurting[/eluser]
Try setting the "style" attribute of the anchors in question. This should work in Gmail. It may not work for all email clients though. Working with HTML in email is notoriously tricky. Each email client tends to have its own rules and follow standards very loosely.

[quote author="thurting" date="1193916472"]Try setting the "style" attribute of the anchors in question. This should work in Gmail. It may not work for all email clients though. Working with HTML in email is notoriously tricky. Each email client tends to have its own rules and follow standards very loosely.[/quote]
how would i set it in the styles if i want say,www.google.com to appear just as plain text
and not an anchor?because www.google.com is within a paragraph and i dont want the email to contain a link to it because it was not set as a link

[eluser]thurting[/eluser]
I don't think you can.

[quote author="thurting" date="1193917530"]I don't think you can.[/quote]
so theres no workaround to the rules and standards of email clients?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB