Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem validating start and end dates with call back

[eluser]Wayne Smallman[/eluser]
Hi guys!

I'm trying to validate start and end dates. I have a number of call back functions, most of which work fine, but one in particular stubbornly refused to work:

Code:
private function date_check_compare () {

if (!$this->ion_auth->logged_in()):

redirect('users/login/');

else:

if (strtotime($this->input->post('start')) >= strtotime($this->input->post('close'))):

$this->form_validation->set_message('date_check_compare', 'The end date must be greater than the start date.');

return false;

else:

return true;

endif;

endif;

}
I've pulled out the conditional part of the code and run that separately, and validates fine, as expected. But for some unknown reason, the call back simply doesn't not work:

Code:
$arraySetRules = array(
   array(
         'field'   => 'start',
         'label'   => 'Start Date',
         'rules'   => 'trim|required|callback_date_check_format|callback_date_check_valid|callback_date_check_years'
      ),
   array(
         'field'   => 'close',
         'label'   => 'End Date',
         'rules'   => 'trim|required|callback_date_check_format|callback_date_check_valid|callback_date_check_compare'
      )
);
As far as I can see, all is fine. But I may be missing something.

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
I'm working with callbacks at the moment as well, so I feel your pain. First off, are you 100% sure that your callback function is actually being called?

Code:
private function date_check_compare () {
var_dump('callback is being called');
}

On a separate issue, I noticed that you use:
Code:
if (!$this->ion_auth->logged_in()):

redirect('users/login/');

else:
Do you have this in every single controller method? If so, there is a MUCH easier way to do this. Have a look at http://philsturgeon.co.uk/news/2010/02/C...ing-it-DRY

Hi Jono, thanks for the reply.

The var_dump() function doesn't do anything at all. I've checked the function name and the name of call back several times.

The user validation would bounce the user back to the sign-in screen, if there was a problem.

Right now, I'm asking about the call back issue, that's all.

OK, after several tests, none of the call back functions are working.

At this stage, I need to offer some background — I'm moving code from an application written on CodeIgniter 1.7 to CodeIgniter 2.0, where all of the call backs are working fine with the previous version of the application.

Hi guys, do we have any takers on this?

I can't figure this one out — all custom call back functions do not trigger, while the standard call back functions work fine.

[eluser]Ricardo SDL[/eluser]
I'm with problems here too. I updated the codeigniter code to the version 2.0.1 and all my callbacks aren't being called anymore. Ideas anyone?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If your Callbacks are not in the same module as the form_validation do not use private!
Callbacks should be public not private!

InsiteFX

My callbacks are public methods inside the same controller that has the validation code.

Found the solution here:
http://www.mahbubblog.com/php/form-valid...deigniter/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB