Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Site URL is getting prefixed to external links on data returned from an AJAX call

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've inherited a project which is just a intranet document storage type of site. There's a drop down list of categories and a table that gets filled with the different documents associated with those categories. When an option in the drop down is selected jQuery captures it and uses ajax to build a querystring (a CI happy URL) and then it eventually returns a string that is the html for a

I get this back:

<tr><td class='fileName'><a href='sitename.sitename.com/salesadmin/Education/Education-Collection-Process-and-Chargeback-Policy.doc' target='_blank'>Education Collection Process and Chargeback Policy</a><p class='fileDescription'></p></td><td class='fileExtension'><p class=doc>doc</p></td><td class='fileModed'>2010-08-10 07:52:30</td><td class='btn'><a class='btnEditLine' name='5' href='[removed]' title='Click to EDIT: "Education Collection Process and Chargeback Policy"'>Edit</a></td><td class='btn'><a class='btnDeleteLine' name='5' href='[removed]' title='Click to DELETE: "Education Collection Process and Chargeback Policy"'>Delete</a></td></tr>

The href is correct, it is pointing to where the downloadable files are located. But for some reason when I roll over the links in the browser they are being prefixed with the site url:

http://kopmacwwwo1.sitename.com/Internal...Policy.doc

I console.log everything right up to where it is inserted into the tbody and it is correct. Is this something CI is doing and if so how do I correct it?

Thanks

Edit: I should add that when the site first loads the links are fine, but that is a different process, all PHP. This only occurs when the table data is being generated from AJAX.

Also, anchor() and site_url() are not being used as far as I can tell. On the master header file the original developer had a couple of hidden inputs and one of them is used to pull the base url

<input id='site_url_for_ajax' type='hidden' value="<?php echo $site_url_for_ajax ?>" />

Here's the JS code that makes the AJAX call if that helps:

// ajax request triggered by catagory drop down menu selection or by other functions
getCatagoriesItems: function ()
{

// call function in master.js file to block the whole web page using blockUI
blockPage();

// unbind previous evant handlers to edit and delete buttons to free memory (not sure if you have to do this, but better safe than sorry)
$(".btnEditLine").unbind();
$(".btnDeleteLine").unbind();

// get base url of current site
var baseurl = $("#site_url_for_ajax").val();

// get admin type
var adminType = $("#admin_type").val()

// get catagory id
var catID = $("#catagoryDropDownList optionConfusedelected").attr("id");

// get the id of the selected item from the drop down list. This will correspond with the table name in the database
var queryString = baseurl + "admin/ajaxCatagorySelection/" + catID + "/" + adminType;

// run AJAX GET
$.get(queryString, function(data)
{
// push data into obj var
var obj = jQuery.parseJSON(data);

// dump data into table when request is successful
$("#dataResultsTable tbody").html(JSONParser.parseAdminDropDownSelectedJSON(obj));

// rebind event handlers to edit buttons
bindEditButtonEventListener();

// rebind event handlers to delete buttons
bindDeleteButtonEventHandler();

// unblock page when done
$.unblockUI();
});
},

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB