Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Creating a user login Log

[eluser]R_Nelson[/eluser]
I don't know if i just totality missed the doc on logging or what but i was unable to find it.

What i would like to do is every time someone logs into my site via login or cookie i would like to place a time date stamp there ip and user name into the log and the same on log out, but i have not been able to find anything in the docs that will help me. Like i said i may have missed it. it is all most midnight here so it's not impossible that i compleatley missed it so if you know where to find this info let me know or if you know of a tutorial that would be fine as well.

[eluser]smilie[/eluser]
I guess you want to store log in the DB? So just create needed tables and add in the login / logout function queries to write those logs?

Or did you mean something else?

Edit: take a look at Ion Auth as well, it already does that (and much more):
http://benedmunds.com/ion_auth/

[eluser]R_Nelson[/eluser]
i guess i could store them in the DB and then set up a cron job to back em up at midnight or email em to me thx

[eluser]Kamarg[/eluser]
I like to use MY_Log to do that. I add a USERLOGIN level to the config file and then a log_message() call inside my login routine. It also helps if you have some sort of log file parser/viewer for filtering the logs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB