Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Uploadify_max, a library for image manipulation

[eluser]mjjwatson[/eluser]
Hey,

So I've been using a combo of jCrop, uploadify and image_lib to make a nice UI for people to upload and crop images, create different sizes and thumbs. I've used it on a few projects, and now have put into some semblance of a library so other people can use it.

It's early days, so I'd love people to have a look, test and critique so I can end up making a full version.

Demo, and explanation, here:

http://reallywebdesign.com/uploadify_max/

A zip of the early version is at:

http://reallywebdesign.com/uploadify_max.zip

Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

[eluser]ccachor[/eluser]
What's the browser compatibility for this?

This has jCrop problems with Firefox, that I'm trying to iron out.

I've tested for the latest Chrome, IE & Safari.

Edit: The jCrop problem has been fixed, in firefox 3 & 4.

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
This work with multiple file uploads?

It doesn't have uploadify's multiple file uploads functionality, but it could do, if it's deemed useful.

I see it as this: as you have to crop each image I thought it would make sense to have individual upload forms for each image. You can put as many of these on a page as you want. This seems better to me than being greeted with a crop window, then another, then another, depending on how many you've uploaded at once. This seems like a poor flow to me.

All options are currently explained in the comments of the library file, including restricted options on both the Uploadify & Jcrop's APIs.

Apologies for bumpage, would really appreciate some feedback on this?

[eluser]Emrys[/eluser]
Hey

This library looks great. I'm going to give it a try and I'll let you know how it goes.

M

[eluser]Th3FalleN[/eluser]
For some reason when i use this amazing library it doesnt return the crop and gives me a 500 internal error when it attempts to access image_return, says "The action you have requested is not allowed." any ideas?

[eluser]predat0r[/eluser]
For me the file upload works, but after that nothing happens, I mean it should popup the crop window. Should I set something more than in the "Simple setup", to get the Jcrop work? I tried on FF5 and Chrome and same result.
(I don't have the server error as above)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys, i have problem with the uploadify_max library. I want to get the name of the cropped image (thumbfilename) and send to the model to update my database but i can't, nothing happens. Every piece of code i add to the library even a single ECHO command it crops the image and puts it in the upload folder but it don't put the thumb image.

I don't know how to get the thumbfilename and put it in my database. Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB