Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2.0 Books

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Does anyone know if there are any good CodeIgniter 2.0 books due to be released soon?

I know the manual is a great reference but I also like having formal books (instead of tutorials) to reference when the need arises.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
You can blame Packt for the lack of a decent book, mine had the plug pulled. >.<

A 1.7.x book (such as the one from Adam Griffiths) is still relevant as long as you read up on the differences between the two versions.

[eluser]Mr. Fulop[/eluser]
That was such a good book... I was really looking for the 2.0 version ...
http://www.packtpub.com/codeigniter-17/book

[eluser]nuwanda[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1301606845"]You can blame Packt for the lack of a decent book, mine had the plug pulled. >.<

A 1.7.x book (such as the one from Adam Griffiths) is still relevant as long as you read up on the differences between the two versions.[/quote]

Why did they pull, it, Phil?

Apparently I did not suggest enough topics and they gave it to somebody else, who since turned out to be useless.

If they wanted more topics they just needed to say, but I spent a LOT of time on putting that proposal together. All in all very unprofessional behavior and look - they still don't have a book.

Apparently I did not suggest enough topics and they gave it to somebody else, who since turned out to be useless.

If they wanted more topics they just needed to say, but I spent a LOT of time on putting that proposal together. All in all very unprofessional behavior and look - they still don't have a book.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB