Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
404 Override Bug?

[eluser]riggerthegeek[/eluser]
Hi guys

I think I've found a bug with the 404 override. If I type in a URL, say www.example.com/cro (where the controller "cro" doesn't exist) then it cheerfully goes through to the specified 404 page.

However, if the URL I type in is www.example.com/cron/s (where the controller 'cron' exists but the method 's' does not) then a weird error occurs. It goes through to the specified 404 override as above, but any libraries/models etc loaded in the 'autoload.php' file in the config directory are not set to the $this variable.

Anyone got any ideas about this?

Thanks

S

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
It's not a BUG!

404 is page cannot be found!

s is a method not a page so you will never get a 404. You will get a method error.

InsiteFX

[eluser]William Rufino[/eluser]
But see, a method error in this kind of app, is a 404 page error, don't you agree?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
If the request can't be routed, it's a 404 imho.

So it should check for method existence, and if not, for _remap to exist. If not either, it's a 404. If not, you're forced to have a _remap in EVERY controller, to capture calls to non-existent methods. Quite rediculous.

Well,

On the router.php file, it just checks if the class exists, not the method, that's why the error is happening...

If anyone wants to help... https://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeignit...ent-439016

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB