Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pagination with filters

[eluser]soprabaixar1[/eluser]
I am developing a customizable library of "pagination", now I'm putting filters.

Since no standard amount of a filter for each page that will use this library, I thought of putting in an array. Here's an example:

Code:
$filter = array(
               'name_filter1' => $_POST["value_filter1"] ,
               'name_filter2' => $_POST["value_filter2"] ,
               'name_filter3' => $_POST["value_filter3"] ,
            );

This array should be used in the controller that is calling the libray customizable pagination.
It's running in part, the problem is when I go to the next page, all variables are zero.

To resolve this, I think the principle of sending a GET these filters, but do not know how I can get this control since it does not have the amount of filters, the url already has information regarding the sorting. ORDERBY (ID), ORDER_TYPE (ASC, DESC).

I've done the sorting for the control of type:
Code:
$this->orderBy = $this->uri->segment(3);
$this->orderType = $this->uri->segment(4);

My problem now is with the filters, which would be the best way to solve?

[eluser]wh1tel1te[/eluser]
$_POST vars do not carry across pages unless you re-submit the form. I suggest saving your $_POST vars to session and using those in your $filter array. Remember to clear the session when necessary.

As for the post, I can pick up the controller and return to the view.
And testing:
if (isset($_POST['x'])) print $_POST['x'];

I'm thinking of sending a GET, but what better way to send so many parameters that do not even know how many filters can have?

[eluser]Glazz[/eluser]
Save them in a database and send the id through the url so in your controller/model you can query the database and retrieve that params.

Anyone with any other suggestions?
Without using the database. I think more interest in making a GET.

Anyone?

[eluser]osci[/eluser]
Look at wh1tel1te's comment.
No database, just sessions.
You don't like that approach?

I need a link accessible. There are several sites that link is accessible, that is, if I copy the link into your browser address exactly that I can access content on that page, with those filters, etc..

So I think by GET is the best solution, I will not depend on the User Session.

[eluser]wh1tel1te[/eluser]
How to enable $_GET in 1.7.x

Not sure if you also need to do this in 2.0.x, haven't tried GET vars in it yet.

[eluser]osci[/eluser]
in that case why not use just another segment that has the info you want.

That segment would be an array to string of your $_POSTS which could be translated back to an array afterwards. The only con to this method is the choice of delimiter for your array to string.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB