Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 2.0 Singlelogin + Newspost

[eluser]Zimooon[/eluser]
Hey guys im using CI now for some days and want to do a hidden Login(only i know the link) with 1 user and 1 password(maybe with change option) and after login the possibilty to add Newspost to my page.
How would you do this? i found some auth stuff but all oldversioned and with register etc which i don't need. Would be nice if you give me a short introduction or stuff.

best regards

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
For very simple stuff I would do this: Download Ion_auth (my own preference, there are some others that are nice), copy library and model to its place, then take anything out of auth controller that i don't need. Take only login and logout and chuck them into my own controller (Don't fortget to include the library ofc).

Now, if it were me, I'd still leave create user and change/forgot password available cause accidents happen and the password in the database is encrypted and salted. If it's not, you're using the wrong library. As for your hidden link, that is no security at all, so don't consider it such.

If you're intent on writing your own authentication (I really advise you against it), then start at the CI tutorials on Nettuts (lesson 6 is authentication if i remember correctly.) Hope this is of some help to you.

[eluser]Zimooon[/eluser]
Allright Ion_auth seems pretty nice. thank you for that.
Can you gimme somme advice about how to start when i want to write news on my mainpage .
I want to have functions like edit , write, maybe show last 5 or stuff and delete(optional).
Can save on mysql or text don care really.
But really no idea how to.
please help again Smile
best regards

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB