Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Deleted Admin Login

[eluser]service[/eluser]
My website was developed by an outsource company and by mistake i deleted the main admin access for the live site admin control panel, when i checked the Database the admin login does not look same like what i access...

Example: if my login name was "access" in DB MySql show "access112233" and password if it was "123455" in DB MySql it is "2628ab863d1510f361f3c5d429abc123"

i changed password and login still i cannot access the site admin area, i tried to use the DB access details login/password still it is not working on the site (i think it is encrypted by script or something).

can you tell me how can i solve this problem to access the site admin area?

thanks

[eluser]osci[/eluser]
if you have a create member function you could create a new member and check for a given password and username how it is encrypted in db, otherwise if that doesn't work you need to go through the code and see how they encrypt the password.

[eluser]service[/eluser]
[quote author="osci" date="1302314623"]if you have a create member function you could create a new member and check for a given password and username how it is encrypted in db, otherwise if that doesn't work you need to go through the code and see how they encrypt the password.[/quote]

if i can create a new member then i would not have the problem...i cannot access the admin area...

[eluser]wh1tel1te[/eluser]
Long shot - that hash could possibly be a straight MD5 hash. You could try changing the password to an MD5 hash of your password in the database.

Otherwise, I suggest contacting the original developers of your admin software. They should know how to solve your problem.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
There are online sites that will allow you to convert a password to MD5

If you can access your MySQL database you can edit the record enter a new user and MD5 password or change the one that is in there.

InsiteFX

[eluser]service[/eluser]
Thanks a MILLION "Grad Student & Sr. Research Associate" I went with Sr. advice and generated the MD5 password from an online site and changed it on MySql DB, and i can now login fine...

Thanks allot guys, i am not a developer but this really solved my big headache...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB