Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using FreakAuth for Admin area only

[eluser]carbonnb[/eluser]
I've read the various tutorial and docs about FreakAuth, but I still haven't figured what files are required to use it with my own admin interface.

I don't want to have to customise the files that come with the download for FreakAuth, I want to use my own.

Is there any list of exactly which files are required to use FreakAuth?

Thanks,
Bryan

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
FreakAuth is way to complicated to try customize for your own use, believe me I have tried. Your better off using a different library that is easier to integrate.

[eluser]carbonnb[/eluser]
Do you have any suggestions? All the Auth and ACL stuff I've found for CI ends up pointing back to FreakAuth.
B

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
I wrote my own based on userlib. I might release Userlib version 2.0 here soonish... I need to do some more work on it.

EZAuth maybe? I haven't tried that one.

[eluser]danfreak[/eluser]
[quote author="llbbl" date="1194225816"]FreakAuth is way to complicated to try customize for your own use, believe me I have tried. Your better off using a different library that is easier to integrate.[/quote]

Complicated?

everything is ready to "plug & go"!

I don't see it as complicated, but as flexible!

Dan

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
Sorry no offense Dan, but freakauth is a nightmare to try to integrate into a existing site design. Way to much Object Oriented Programming makes the code hard to read and figure out.

It works great if you don't want to change anything. Minor changes to the html is possible, but after hours trying to track down what file to edit. Trying to use it for a custom site for a client is out of the question, since it is extremely difficult to make it look like the rest of the site.

[eluser]danfreak[/eluser]
[quote author="llbbl" date="1194322340"]
It works great if you don't want to change anything. Minor changes to the html is possible, but after hours trying to track down what file to edit. Trying to use it for a custom site for a client is out of the question, since it is extremely difficult to make it look like the rest of the site.[/quote]

No probs,
as I already told you, it's just a matter of style.
If something is not suitable for you, it does not means it’s bad or not usefull.

Just to point out some things:

1) The layout stuff (asset management) is fully separated from the logic: you can then use whichever css, form style ecc you want easilly with the new config variables
read $this-> FreakAuth_light 1.1 new assets management

2) FreakAuth can be easily twisted around to suit your needs.
read $this-> I don't like that "auth.php" controller!

3) You wanna twist some feature?! No probs-> Extending FreakAuth

4) the code of the libraries uses self explanatory variable names and it his haevily commented: even too much...

5) FreakAuth comes with a simple ACL based on inheritance

You need something like FreakAuth? Use it
you need something different: use something else

;-)

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
I am sure all that is extremely helpful, however I think he (and most people) are better off using something else. After spending countless hours pulling my hair out over freakauth, I found doing my own thing was much easier.

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
I have to disagree here,

FreakAuth has grown into a very mature and robust app that is very suited for anyone looking for authentication management. It is well documented and if you take a good look at it before you set out to build your app you will see that it can offset the time to develop by a measurable amount.

I have used FreakAuth on numerous occasions and find it one of the least stressful parts of development. This is a staple in our arsenal and will continue to be so.

-Lee

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
Just wait till I release my code, you will see it is much easier to work with and looks much better because you can integrate into the overall site design. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB