Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Designer friendly views - simpler tags and .html files?

[eluser]tomdelonge[/eluser]
I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. I've seen Dan Horrigan's "tags" library which looks neat. And I've seen Phil Sturgeon's template library, along with his way of implementing dwoo.

Is this the best route to go? What other methods do you guys use? Will using tags slow down rendering (It doesn't look like it creates compiled templates like dwoo/smarty, etc). Or if you use the tags library along with the template library and dwoo would this issue go away?

Basically I want to have view files stored in .html files. Simple looking tags, I'd prefer no dollar sign (I think "tags" would take care of this). Simple ways of importing common view parts, like a "header" or something. Simple just meaning looks nice, rather than
Code:
<?php include 'path/to/view.php';?>
or even
Code:
<?php $this->load->view('path/to/view');?>

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
After trying several others, I'm using http://parser.comper.sk/en/. You can configure it to use html, not tpl, the whole structure can stay the same (except maybe the tpl folder, but even that can be changed), tags are {supereasy} plus it supports includes, cycles, conditionals, so you can easily use one header file to rule them all. If you use HMVC you can still use your views as originaly indended in your controller, you just put "true" as the third parameter and pass it as a string.

I still takes some to dissect the html into parts, but it's by far the easiest solution in CI to include the work of another designer i've met so far. I use Git, so the designer can make further changes, create additional themes, without the need to master CI and without my own involvement.

I've extensively tried Phil's library (doesn't do what i expected it to, might have used it the wrong way?) as well as williamsconcepts.com template (i like this one, but i dislike it not being supported and maintained), but I'm always eager to hear other suggestions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB