Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to preset my form fields and use the Validation class

[eluser]louisl[/eluser]
[quote author="TWP Marketing" date="1302557401"]@osci, I'll try the quoted string and report back.
To all, I've got a medium size site that I wrote without using the CI form_validation library. I discovered this problem while testing the validation library on that site and I don't see an easy (quick) solution.
Yes, I can re-write the site to use only the CI validation library and it will work, but the time factor is too large for this job.

Again, thanks to all for your feedback, it was an immense help and I hope to return the favor, here, as opportunity arises.[/quote]

Is the site actually written in CodeIgniter?

form_helper.php is basically a string generator to create form html stuff. Form_validator.php is what you're trying to use and if it's loaded it's functions will be used instead of the ones in form_helper.php

Maybe if you posted some code it would help.

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
@louisl Yes, it is written in CI, version 2.0.1. please read the thread for my code. I consider the situation resolved at this point and am moving on due to time constraints. Thanks for your feedback and I will post further information if I decide to modify the form_validation.php library file and address the difference between it and the form_helper.php versions of set_value().

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB