Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to combine Doctrine 2.0 and CodeIgniter 2.0

[eluser]Ludwig Mair[/eluser]
Hi there,

i just explore doctrine. with many failed trys to install doctrine for CI 1.7.2 with some of the examples i found on the web i gave up.

but right now i think about to use CI 2.0 and again the idea came up to try to implement doctrine 2 in version CI 2.

but unfortunately i couldn't find any toturial for CI 2.

i am not expert in all this stuff but i would be more then happy, someone would offer a example or at least some help to make this work.

did already someone try it?

Thanks in advance

Ludwig from bavaria

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
Im trying to do the same. This is simple Doctrine 2.0 bootstrapping class/library. You will need PHP >= 5.3 though.
Doctrine 2.0 documentation is very handy when it comes to the rest.

[eluser]Ludwig Mair[/eluser]
Hi,

first of all, thanks for your post. i definately will try the code you posted.

thanks a lot

Ludwig

[eluser]Prophet[/eluser]
I'm writing a guide on how to integrate Doctrine 2 with Codeigniter 2: http://wildlyinaccurate.com/integrating-...igniter-2/

Hope it helps Smile

[eluser]Corbee[/eluser]
What's doctrine? what's ORM?

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
whats google? Wink

[eluser]Prophet[/eluser]
[quote author="Corbee" date="1285598889"]What's doctrine? what's ORM?[/quote]

Doctrine is a very powerful Object Relational Mapper. It allows you to access tables in your database as if they were PHP objects.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@Prophet
Do you still have that guide on how to integrate Doctrine 2 with Codeigniter 2?

[eluser]Prophet[/eluser]
[quote author="vap" date="1302061303"]@Prophet
Do you still have that guide on how to integrate Doctrine 2 with Codeigniter 2?[/quote]

Yeah, the new link is http://wildlyinaccurate.com/integrating-...igniter-2/

It was written when both were in beta but should still be relevant.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I love this stuff! I tried before, and succeeded to get doctrine to work in CI as a plugin but I was a bit overwhelmed with the doctrine documentation, it's a new concept to me.

I've been trying to get it to work with CI 2 and I'm having problems.

If anyone would be willing to shed some insight or suggestions, that would be great!

I'm working on a pretty large project for a non-profit. I'm looking to use doctrine as a way to try and help me manage the relationships between different tables I have for this project. I'm not even sure if doctrine is the best way to go about this. I intend to release my project as open source, so I'm not making any money here, just trying to be helpful.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB