Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CSFR token what is it used for?

[eluser]R_Nelson[/eluser]
CSFR token what is it used for? i have only done simple websites before while in school now i am building better sites that require security and not double posting. is this what the CSFR token is for or is it for something else?

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
Let me google that for you...

I'll take that as a NO!

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
Quote:wow thx for the completely useless answer i tried to google it cant find a strait answer.
i understand that you don’t know so why did you try to answer the question?
You tried to google it and didn't find a "strait answer"? No full wikipedia page on CSRF with methods of prevention and the awesome complete OWASP page on the subject?

But no you're absolutely right, I have no clue as to an answer to your question. All that reading of fine resources would just be to much of a waste of time, especially since I got clients who's site security I can mess up.

EDIT: LOL, for you completely editing your response.

was that so hard to just say no?

and yes i edited my response after thinking about it i sounded like a total jerk and that's just not me.

so then is there a helper or something in CI that will keep me & my website users from double posting or posting from an outside source?

or do i just need to roll a random # and compare it when i post?

[eluser]Dan Horrigan[/eluser]
Let me RTFM for you... (at the bottom)

so pretty much CSRF is to keep other people from messing with my site so its not what i need to fix my problem?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB