Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hi, I need some help with this.

[eluser]dmorin[/eluser]
Did you try to code in reply 14 where you manually query instead of using the active record class?

Code:
$sql = "SELECT * FROM entries";
$data['query'] = $this->db->query($sql);

instead of:

Code:
$data['query'] = $this->db->get('entries');

Let us know if you get the same error and what the error message is.

[eluser]aircraft[/eluser]
Yeah I tried it, and it's the same error.

[eluser]dmorin[/eluser]
In your db config file, set db_debug to True and try again. Let us know if the error message changes.

db_debug was already set on true. :/

[eluser]dmorin[/eluser]
Well, I'm out of ideas. There are a lot of things you could try to make sure that database access is working such as listing the current databases, but it sounds like the best thing to do might be to start over with a fresh copy of CI in your working directory and only make minimal configuration changes. Sorry I'm no help, maybe someone else has another idea.

I will see what I can do, thanks for your help though. Smile

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
quick question, what database are you using and what webserver are you using? which os are you running on?

MySQL database, unsure about the rest, I got my hosting from my mates server, I will ask him though.

[eluser]luchezze[/eluser]
Hi i have the same problem. I have followed the video tutorial and all works fine till this stage of code: $data['query'] = $this->db->get('entries'); and i`m getting this message
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in e:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\blog\system\application\controllers\blog.php on line 16. I tried all the above posted steps and i have the same error message.
PS: SO - WinXP SP2 Home Edition
Easyphp1-8 with : Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.10, PHPmyAdmin 2.6.1 and MySQL 4.1.9
Scaffolding is working ...!

[eluser]dmorin[/eluser]
Can you both post your autoload file (remove the comments) from system/application/config/autoload.php

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB