Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Crumby HMVC Upgrade

[eluser]Davcon[/eluser]
Wiredesignz,

I have more respect for you, as a developer, than anyone else on this forum. But I have to say, dude - this new HMVC upgrade you've done is killing me. I used to be able to write really short slick methods like so:

Code:
$data['view_file']="userinfo";
$this->load->module('template');
$this->template->admin_layout($data);

...and it worked! It would call the template module, where all my designs are, and then it would call the view file (in this case, 'userinfo') which might be neatly stored in a separate module called 'users'. Sounds kinda logical to me and it worked.

Since you've done this new HMVC upgrade it's calling the view that's in the template module by default. Not cool. I can appreciate that there is a need to declare which module we're intending on calling but so far... well... it's just killing me.

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
if you don't like it, revert back to the old version or change it yourself. It is opensource after all.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Hi David,

What template library are you using if one?

InsiteFX

[eluser]Davcon[/eluser]
iloveci - You're absolutely right. I think I should also stress that I consider myself very fortunate to be able to take advatage of the hmvc extension, thanks to good work that's been done voluntarily by another forum member. This thread has been poorly titled and I really ought to underline my gratitude towards Ellislab and Wiredz for what they've done.

insightFX - I don't use any formal template library as such. I generally chuck all of my design stuff in a module called templates. I'm pretty such that the way I'm doing things is unorthadox. Never the less, my goal with CI is to be able to churn websites out as quickly as possible and the set up I've been using helps me to do that.

This week I've lost four days of work do to problematic upgrades. So, things which used to work are no longer working. For example, I lost three days this week trying to figure out why FCK editor wasn't working on my new computer. Turns out it was due to a depreciated PHP function.

I know that you keep all of the previous versions of CI on your computer. I'm beginning to really see the value in that and I think that this never ending crusade to keep up with upgrades has got to come to an end for me. So, maybe I will just stick with the old stuff and be grateful for what I have.

Cheers guys!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB