Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Code Igniter/ Web Dev for a dummy..

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Alrighty, new here so I'll apologize if this topic should have been posted elsewhere but I'm at a total stand still! I would love to know/learn how to utilize php and code my own applications but in all honesty I don't know where to begin! I'm a great designer but when it comes to development further than html/css I find myself completely lost.

I can open up a .php file and I understand functions and whats going on.. But lets say someone asked me to replicate a certain script I wouldn't know where or how to begin.

Do I go to school for one on one help? or do I just keep reading tutorials until I retain the knowledge to write code on my own?

Kind of sucks considering I always come up with killer ideas for web applications but I cant code anything on my own, days-weeks-months-years pass and someone who can code develops something similar..

Thanks for any advice.

-Coty

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
First off you need to install a web server on your system to be able to run the PHP scripts you write!

Some good ones are XAMMP or for the Mac MAMP.

To learn CodeIgniter the best place is the CodeIgniter User Guide and these Forums.

Also you find a lot of CodeIgniter PHP programming sites doing a Google search.

The Community here will help you out if you run into problems.

InsiteFX

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
also, probably best to learn php first, before diving straight into codeigniter.

buy some books, follow as many online tutorials you can get hands.

start off with small manageable projects rather something very large and ambitious.

good luck!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB