Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Developer's Toolbar - Released!

[eluser]Luis ACE[/eluser]
Hi Everyone,

I would like to announce I will be releasing CI Developer's Toolbar!

Simple introduction of the Developer's Toolbar. I been working on a developer's toolbar to help me debug my web applications. I know most of you will reply back to me telling me that CI has its own class for debugging (Profiler) and give me the user guide link on how to use it.

The developer's toolbar is a replica of CI Profiler class with additional functionality. Yes there are other debugging toolbars available for CI.

You can check out:
1. Forensics Profiling for CodeIgniter - http://bit.ly/mloeM9 (Thanks JonoB for posting the links)
2. Debug Toolbar - http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Debug_toolbar/

I would like to mention, I'm not saying my developer's toolbar is better than the toolbars mentioned below. Reason why I'm releasing my developer's toolbar is purely the results on the poll. Majority of the votes wanted me to release my developer's toolbar.

Here is a list of functionality of the CI Developer's Toolbar,

1. compatible with CI 2.0 upwards.
2. Fully customizable on selection of debug data to be displayed.
3. Simple to install and use.
4. Developer's Toolbar is a hook. No modification to CI files or your web application files.
5. Uses jQuery Library,
6. If you use another JavaScript Library - no worried, you can enable noConflict (Developer's Toolbar config)
7. Checks to see if jQuery library is loaded, if not loads latest version of jQuery library.

List of Debug data, this includes CI Profiler debug data.

1. Auto load - show all config, libraries, helpers, models, and languages to be initialized automatically every time the system runs
2. Benchmarks - Elapsed time of Benchmark points and total execution time
3. Config - List of CodeIgniter, Email, and Custom configuration variables
4. Controller info - The Controller class and method requested, list of all methods in the Controller class
5. Database - List database configuration settings. Listing of all database queries executed, including execution time
6. Hooks - show all your hooks (each hooked grouped in the correct hook points)
7. Loader - All config, libraries, helpers, and models are loaded for the Controller class and method requested, including "Auto-load
8. Memory Usage - Amount of memory consumed by the current request, in megabytes
9. Request Data - i combined get, post from CI Profiler
10. Request Headers - Fetch HTTP request headers for the current request
11. Uri String - The URI segments of the current request

Here is the link to download the CI Developer's Toolbar:
https://github.com/ci-developer/CI-Developers-Toolbar

I'm currently creating the wiki page. Please visit the wiki, to learn how to install and use the Developer's Toolbar.
Remember all comments are welcome, if you have any suggestions or questions, please post them.

[eluser]liamr[/eluser]
To be honest, I think regardless of whether this has been done before, your code is still absolutely valuable to this community. If you do share it thanks very much!

[eluser]Matthieu Fauveau[/eluser]
This look very nice, I'd like to test it Smile

[eluser]shenanigans01[/eluser]
agreed, I would love to see it!

[eluser]Luis ACE[/eluser]
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your feedback and votes. I was in a bit of a rush when I created the topic. I have updated the first post with more information about the developer's toolbar.

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
So wheres our download? Tongue

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Pschilly" date="1303929563"]So wheres our download? Tongue[/quote]
I would love to see it!

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
YES, please!

[eluser]danijelb[/eluser]
Yes, release it... Or better, also make a pull request to Codeigniter_Reactor and have it incorporated by default in some future version of Codeigniter... Smile

[eluser]jj.n.ford[/eluser]
nice!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB