Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Non-interactive CAPTACHA alternatives / spam filtering pior database interts or email sending, your thoughts ?

[eluser]Madoc[/eluser]
Hello there,

I am fairly new at web development (and indeed at php/codeigniter) so I would like your input or past experience on form validation in order to prevent/limit bot spams (and stupid user trolls).

I am currently developing my first public website and I already have a few forms implemented on my system (signup, suggest content of different types, abuse report, commenting, ...) with probably more to come.

I started to worry about bot spamming when the site will be live but I do not want to use a reCaptcha solution (available through CI) as I find them very annoying as a user, especially with simple forms.

After surfing around I found a few potential non-interactive solutions such as Honeycombs, minimum user response time or javascript detection but as a new developper I do quite grasp the amount of work involved in developing such libraries and script updates and most importantly I do not know if they are really efficient.

Anyone have an opinion on the best way to go forward ? Factors to take into account ? Already implemented CI solutions ?

Many thanks !

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
I recommend checking out Akismet. Its used by a lot of sites and is proven to be effective. I just used the normal PHP5 version of it and didnt bother to do CI class because its usage is easy as it is.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB