Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CMS in CI

[eluser]AndyBrandy[/eluser]
Hello,

exist some CMS in CI, which can be developed?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
While not a direct product of CI, they share a lot of code, and getting more every day. ExpressionEngine.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
The core edition is free, the personal edition costs about 2 tanks of gas.

Pricing / Overview

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Yup, and will easily save you that amount of time in programming/dev/debugging. Wink

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
ExpressionEngine is a lot more flexible than wordpress and much, much better than phpnuke or postnuke. After using this site (made with EE) I will have to say that EE is one of the best CMS available these days. Joomla is so bad, I hate using it and I hate people who think it is an acceptable CMS. I think the only serious competition to EE is Drupal.

[eluser]paulopmx[/eluser]
Insert shameless plug "here"

:-P

Kidding aside, I think ExpressionEngine is great, but I also would like to see a community driven CMS built on CI, just to show off what it can do to those other so called PHP frameworks.

I have seen some interest here and there around the forums, but I haven't seen a real strong collective push like the other contributed codes around here.

I'm thinkin maybe a strong encouragement or a point in the right direction from Derek and the other guys in Ellislabs could encourage the more senior members of this forum to work on this and show us little guys how CMS is done the right way on CI.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
Yes something like this could really increase the visibility of CI to the world. It is a very good idea, but I think Ellis wouldn't be too happy about having an open source competitor to EE. Smile

[eluser]schnoodles[/eluser]
It would be kind of cool to see what people come up with, or Even some basic blogging software like Wordpress.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
Wordpress owns, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. I don't know if you have done a lot of work with it, but it is more flexible than you think and is great for most small - medium sites.

I if we were to do something like this we should focus on medium to large sites. A completely different type of website. Smile

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
This has been touched on before...

EE is the CMS.
CI is framework that allows you to build as you see fit.

I personally like the fact that there is not a CMS built and released on CI as that would create a stigma that would be hard to shake. Also when I deploy a solution to a client and tell them it is built on CI and they come here looking to see what its about they will see that they did indeed receive a custom solution not some boxed cms.

-Lee

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB