Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
2009: The year of CI

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Since first discovering CI about three weeks ago, I've spent hours searching around for info and tips posted by others. However, there is a very annoying pattern in internet-wide search results.. Almost everything having to do with Code Igniter was written in 2009, especially in the months of Aug-Dec. I've only been able to find two actual books on CI, the last one also falls into the 2009 timeframe.

Basically, it's as if everyone had become infatuated with CI in '09 and then beginning in 2010 it became very difficult to find anything on the subject (with the exception of these forums). Has care and support really died down that much?

You'd think that a 2.0 release would stir up talk now more than ever. =/

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
Public media is a fickle beast and must be fed a certain level of scandal or outrage to get it's attention. We're probably too busy using CI to generate the necessary clouds of smoke and sounds of battle...

I'd like to see a good book on CI, but it's a moving target (like PHP itself) and books go out of date quickly. As an author, I'd be looking for a subject th

[EDIT] Interesting, I can edit this post, but not delete it... See the next post for the full text. TWP

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
Public media is a fickle beast and must be fed a certain level of scandal or outrage to get it's attention. We're probably too busy using CI to generate the necessary clouds of smoke and sounds of battle...

I'd like to see a good book on CI, but it's a moving target (like PHP itself) and books go out of date quickly. As an author, I'd be looking for a subject that stays constant for more than a year or two. Even ebooks would have hard time staying up-to-date. The User Guide is your best bet at this point and it needs to have a "comments" section added to keep it really current. I hear that this is being considered...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB