Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Parse Error

[eluser]RandyCram[/eluser]
So the parse error isn't with my code, it's with the codeigniter core. I've never run into this error before. Im running the same install on codeigniter on MAMP and WAMP and no problems, but i upload it to the live server and poof there's an error..

Error:
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/account/public_html/new/system/core/URI.php on line 141

Code:
http://syndtext.com/vZXQSY

I tried taking a look at the code and I didn't see anything. I even tried downloading a fresh copy.. Any thoughts? Live server is hosted on LunarPages as requested by client as they are a local company.

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
try re uploading system/core/URI.php

one possibility is the file got cut off in mid upload.

I tried that, I uploaded the one I had on file, and i downloaded an entire new copy of CodeIgniter, and tried it.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
It's not a CI Error everyone see's the error line in the CI class this is not where the error is it's the class that found the error and crashed!

Your error is in your code you are missing a closing ; } or whatever!

Post your code so we can help you!

InsiteFX

It's not with my code because its not loading anything, i was not even using the uri class. but I took a look at the host and guess they were running PHP4.. I changed my configs to PHP5.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB