Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to make codeigniter work with phpDesigner 7?

[eluser]lordrt[/eluser]
Hello
I've recently downloaded codeigniter, as well as phpDesigner 7, and would like to use the former with the latter. Anyone can pls explain to me in details how to achieve this? This is my first session with PHP programming using either tools.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
First off you need to download and install a server to run PHP and MySQl!

This depends on which operating system you running for Windows you will need XAMPP or WAMP.

If on a MAC then it is MAPP.

Once you have a server installed and up and running then you can configure PHPDesigner to access the server.

InsiteFX

[eluser]lordrt[/eluser]
Can you point me to a guide to configure phpdesigner with the WAMP (I may have missed it if it is on this site) as well as guide me with the steps to add codeigniter to it?
Also what are the folders etc I need to create or modify to create a new project?
Sorry but this is my first attempt at using these tools, I usually wrote php codes in notepad++ and another person did the hosting/config parts.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
phpDesigner 7 - Tutorials

InsiteFX

[eluser]lordrt[/eluser]
thx

[eluser]Andy78[/eluser]
Its says on the phpdesigner site that you have to add codeigniter as a library to a project by entering the path to codeigniter. Does this simply mean the path to your sites root folder or do you have to point it to the system folder?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB