Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Create a Blog in 20 Minutes - OMG Derek!

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
Complete and utter LOL is the only response to this entire post.

Your one legitimate claim is that http://codeigniter.com/tutorials/ needs to be updated, which I don't think anyone has denied.

However, given the fact that nobody on the CI team gets paid at all for what they do (those not employees of EE at least), its kinda arrogant to "expect" or be upset, that they haven't updated everything. So you got pissed off by some outdated videos... if that turns you off to the framework then nobody f-ing cares... OR, you could make your own video and post to the world the amazing person you are, and then feel free to deride the outdated videos, or the site admins who didn't update the site.

[eluser]sanjayibrahim[/eluser]
You clearly care, or you wouldn't have found the need to reply.

Yes indeed I do think my claim the vids are outdated is legitimate. Might it be fair to suggest an updated tutorial might not take the/ an author much more than 20 mins to complete? Or easier still get some pleasant replies on this or other threads on the same subject? No because with so many of these threads it seems a race to who can be the quickest to reply with ... "User Guide" ... yadda.

Sure the User Guide looks very comprehensive, but for following a hello world, its kinda expected these work to get some code down as much as test the environemtnt is setup ok.

What pissed me off was not the outdated videos, although they did aggrevate me..., what pissed me off was the response with: first Master some php...

You trail off into nonsense then - so thats my rebuttal.

[Mod Edit: Edited Language]

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Apparently you also have a problem reading (or understanding what I write). Control your anger, count to ten, read again, and then answer.

I didn't say anything about your skills, all I said was that in my opinion one should not start with a framework until they have mastered the language. And if they did, CodeIgniter is easy to learn just by reading the user guide.

I fully agree with the fact that if Ellislab put tutorials online, they should be correct. I wrote that before. I am only stating that they're useless when it comes to learning CI, and therefore I can't be to bothered with the fact that they are outdated.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I think you need to read his post again!

And if you know your PHP, starting with CI is a breeze.

Another thing that you do not understand is that CodeIgniter just switched to PHP 5, so everything before that is out dated. But the users on this forum try to help everyone out to solve their problems!

WanWizard was trying to help you out and thats all.

And as time goes by more and more tutorials for the new version of CodeIgniter will start showing up!

Right now the best thing to is search google etc and you will find tutorials on CI 2.0.+

InsiteFX

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
[quote author="CodeIgniter Admin" date="1305026618"]You clearly care, or you wouldn't have found the need to reply.[/quote]

I only care because of the overly aggressive nature of your posts. And the lack of logic in your attempt to relate an outdated video on the presentational website, with the framework itself and this forum of active contributers.

If you are sincere and not simply an angry troll, then have a glance here: http://ellislab.com/company/contact/ and send an email to the people who can actually control those vids.

Aside from Nick who at least has something to offer - you other guys are so arrogant.

You see forums all over the net, with members with thousands of posts to their account, and it makes me remember the old saying "empty vessels make most noise".

I can't read, I must not know php, sit on the naughty step... ridiculous. If you with the 3 thousand posts actually had anything to offer instead of mindless self righteous trolling - perhaps you guys would see an opportunity and produce something useful for the community, an update to the said outdated intro maybe.

Easier just to be arrogant I suppose, and post your nonsense trolls.

And as for the outdated tutorials - yes I am getting through them, and probably learning a little more, but with more hassle.

The somewhat missing point is that the 2 tutorials are a little confusing taking the newest release into account, along with the mass of confusion seen in the forum on these tutorials and this is just dumb that they remain.

I'm finished on this subject, troll away friends...

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
Hey, you had choose your nick name : "Codeigniter Admin", and as admin (or at least if you have a tendencies to be an admin), pointing that something is need to be updated (in this case tutorial video) is really good. This is outside that in fact, an admin should be more sarcastic than you (in some hacker forums, your (french) sarcastic words can be categorized by just standard or even poor. At least, learn from Nick, he had good and richer sarcastic vocabulary than you)

In fact, since you already used to CMS (like Joomla or other mickey-mouse tool), it will be greater if you create your experience related with build simple dummy blog, upload it on High Definition video (like vimeo) and share the tutorial link, here, at this thread.

PS : Codeigniter have a very good reputation in their documentation and their community d'une manière amicale. You wouldnt see in other framework community, where there are bunch proffesional programmer which spent more than 5-10 years in their live (some of them maybe live in COBOL era), spare their proffesional time for 3-4 hours (some of them have a hourly rates, a days work roughly equals the cost of a dedicated quad-xeon server for a year %-P, someone else even more) sharing tips, give very cleaaar assistance (step by step) to some user's coding/developing cases and even share a month works of high quality code on their custom library, also very "helpful" to beginner/newbie (without geting paid, like at expert exchange). I really don't know what makes you feel in that opposite way. Just because they put a black cat or scratch or yellow sponge as their avatar, it doesnt intend to mock on your face!

I was going to trash your attempt at using English (I honestly can't make sense of most of it), considering your flaming attitude, but as a toopay you did well to even mash at the keyboard. I'm using your rule here that your screen name is what/who you are.

All I will say is, I hope your coding is a little more syntactically correct...

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
Control your anger, count to ten thousand these time, read again, and then do the response. Seriously, you act like someone which losing his newspaper, while he was *this* close to finishing his sudoku puzzle...then "Sproing! Sproing! Sproing!" (thats the sound of a powerful and effective angry man, doing what he does best : freaking out!)

[eluser]cideveloper[/eluser]
I agree with CodeIgniter Admin. I dont want to read anything! I want to watch videos and I want those damn videos to tell me exactly what to type. I mean seriously, In my non-programming life I watch movies instead of reading books. WORDS ON PAPER/SCREEN TOO LONG!!! Also when I come to the forums and ask a question, I hate when people tell me to RTFM. I know the answer might be there but then I have to search, read, and apply whats in the manual. ugghhh that is just too much to ask of one person.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB