Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Selectable images in a jquery lightbox

[eluser]gh0st[/eluser]
Hello there,

I'm sure there are a lot of CI coders who have had a similar issue to the following, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have made a basic add/edit/delete for a list of employees.

On the editor page you can edit their name, age, etc.

One of the fields is the employee's picture. I want to keep all the pictures, avatars, etc in a separate table so I can manage the images independently of anything I build now or in the future.

The problem I am having is that on the employee profile editor page I need to be able to select an image (or asset), but I am not sure how to do this.

Currently I am using ColorBox to act as a lightbox style effect, where you click on a hyperlink and you can view a third party web page.

Which is great, the problem is that as soon as I start paginating or clicking links the ColorBox closes.

In addition, let's say I have a link called `Use image`; ideally I would like it to pass the details of whatever image this is back to my employee profile editor page.

Again, I'm not sure how to do this.

To break it down.

1. There is a employees profile page, one of the fields is "avatar"
2. All the avatars/images are kept in a seperate table and are accessible via a "assets" page.
3. I need some way of picking/choosing an appropriate avatar inside a lightbox, but allow me to scroll/paginate through all the available assets.

Is there a solution already out there, or something (even if its very basic) that would resolve this kind of problem?

THanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB