Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Server Hosting Suggestion: It is wise to go for Media Temple?

[eluser]tkaw220[/eluser]
Hi,

I had recently migrated my personal projects based upon CI 2.02, to new shared hosting plan provided by Godaddy (Deluxe 4G), and it raise many issues such as error "No input file ...", header already sent .... Those problem has been resolved by add a '?' to the end of the $config['index_page'], and set 'URI_string' as uri protocol. Though, I still don't like question appended to the URL such as www.domain.com/index.php?/controller.

Now I need to setup another new hosting for my client, which site serving approx 300 visits per day and I am considering the Grid-Server from Media Temple. I saw plenty of negative reviews in regard to Media Temple hosting, so I am seeking opinions on whether or not it is wise to go for their service.

Thank you.

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
Don't know media temple, but Dreamhost has been a pleasure the past three years with shared, and now with VPS.

[eluser]CI2RULZ[/eluser]
media temple has a mixed review. some say they love it, some say it was a nightmare. one thing is for sure, their server software is almost always out of date, and if you upgrade anything they no longer support you... period. so you have to cross your fingers that the security releases needed wont effect you, however, ask how many people that have hosted with them if they've been hacked. The Wordpress sagas alone make for interesting stories.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
WebHostingBuzz

I have used them for years and have never had any problems and they have 7/24 hr support.

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB