Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
php and pg

[eluser]blic[/eluser]
Hi All,

I'm trying to get xampp working, but I'm getting the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect()

I've checked php.ini to uncomment the lines:
extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
extension=php_pgsql.dll
but I still don't get it to work.

I using windows 7 64bits.
I've downloaded the latest available version of Xampp for Windows: v1.7.4

Also, when I check phpinfo() I don't see postgre loaded. I've tested loading other extensions, and they work, but not the one i need.

Would anybody know how to solve this?
Thanks!

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Check the phpinfo again. Check the location of the loaded php.ini. I dont have any experience with xampp but with wamp the php.ini is generated in different place and the default location of php.ini is not used.

[eluser]blic[/eluser]
The php.ini is working fine, because I have modified something else and the modification worked..

One person suggested me that it might have to do with the fact that I'm using a 64bit machine, and the pg dll might not work with that. What do you think?

Thank you!

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
I cant really say because I'm more comfortable with *NIX servers and haven't used xampp. I think it should log something to error log if it cant start the extension. What kind of info you get in the log when you start services?

[eluser]blic[/eluser]
Hey, thanks for your help!

I actually downloaded the previous version of Xampp and it worked. I read a post somewhere where lots of people were complaining about it, and they all were saying that they had a 64bit machine and that the other version worked. so i tried and it worked! Smile

Cheers

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB