Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multilanguage support?

[eluser]web-johnny[/eluser]
[quote author="Y0shi" date="1307002731"]Thanks a lot Wink Well this all helped me a lot... the last prob are my SEO routes...

I allow my clients to set their routes manually. For example article/showarticle/1 gets lorem-ipsum-is-great as SEO route. So that means surfing to domain.tld/lorem-ipsum-is-great will bring the article with id = 1 up.

The same goes for forms (e.g. domain.tld/contact) and other stuff. I need a method to make sure, that only the routes which are in the current language enviroment (de, en etc.) are loaded. Currently I load my routes dynamicly via a hook. But neither in the hook nor in the config files a constant will be echoed correctly... because it isn't set of course.

So what can I do?

I also got this in my routes:

// General Language Rerouting
$route['(\w{2})/(.*)'] = '$2';
$route['(\w{2})'] = $route['default_controller'];

which is from the URI library. I think this will override anything if im trying to include the language abbreviation in my dynamically set routes. For example route['lorem-ipsum-is-great'] would then be route['en/lorem-ipsum-is-great'] and in German route['de/lorem-ipsum-ist-superklasse']...

Any thoughts?

Best regards Wink[/quote] I don't know to answer to your question. I actually store the url_title on the database and then have the function with the url-title for example
Code:
function welcome($url_title)
{
$this->db->where('url_title',$url_title);
}
and the customer don't need to change the routes. With this you will have a link like this http://www.testdomain.tpl/article/showar...m-is-great and http://www.testdomain.tpl/de/article/sho...uperklasse but there is no really a SEO problem because google will read the url-title. The SEO that it must be near the domain it doesn't exist anymore and it will make your life (and customer's life) harder. I had a customer before that have the access to change the routes and there where always a problem like "Hemm Johnny the website don't work , I did something wrong?" and in the end it was not really matters at all.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB