Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[solved] testing paypal ipn

[eluser]SPeed_FANat1c[/eluser]
Hi,

I am having trouble testing this thing. The function works when I access it from browser. But when I try to test it with ipn simulator, then I get an error

IPN delivery failed. HTTP error code 500: Internal Server Error

and have no idea what is wrong.

And I made a non CI test function for IPN, and tested it with simulator and it was succesful. Is there a way to get more information about the error, some log somewhere or something, why the delivery failed?

Edit:

something was wrong with the function code itself, when I commented it all out then I get
IPN successfully sent message.

I thought that it has so send the IPN for any code in the function. Will now debug the code in parts and try to catch the bug.

And found where was the problem:

we have a logging function in helper:

Code:
function log_action($type, $description, $info = FALSE)
{
    $CI =& get_instance();

$data = array('uid' => (isset($info['user'])) ? $info['user'] : $CI->session->userdata('user_id'),
                  'imone' => (isset($info['company'])) ? $info['company'] : $CI->session->userdata('imones_id'),
                  'tipas' => $type,
                  'info' => $description,
                  'ip' => $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],
                  'browser' => $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],
                  'referrer' => (@$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] : "",
                  'data' => date("Y-m-d H:i:s")
                  );    

$CI->db->insert('log',$data);
}

It works well everywhere. But when we use in the IPN function and run that function with simulator, it fails. Now I made the same function in the controller, slightly modiefied:

Code:
private function log_action($type, $description, $info = FALSE)
    {
        //$CI =& get_instance();

$data = array('uid' => (isset($info['user'])) ? $info['user'] : $CI->session->userdata('user_id'),
                      'imone' => (isset($info['company'])) ? $info['company'] : $CI->session->userdata('imones_id'),
                      'tipas' => $type,
                      'info' => $description,
                      'ip' => $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],
                      'referrer' => (@$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] : "",
                      'data' => date("Y-m-d H:i:s")
                      );    

$this->db->insert('log',$data);
    }

And now run the simulator - it also runs succesfully, though I don't see any new rows in database log table :/

If you have an idea why the original function from helper makes IPN delivery fail, you're welcome to tell Smile

this line was causing problems:

Code:

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If your using session library with database you need to change the user_agent field in the table from varchar(50) to varchar(120) they changed it but did not update the docs.

InsiteFX

thanks for the info. But if that was for making the $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] know, that didn't work. This item is still not set. But that is not the problem, I just check with isset function and act accordingly.

BTW - now another problem - the payment status is always 'pending'? Is this a bug in paypal testing tools or I don't know something?

Edit: found why was it pending - the seller was not configured to convert the currency automatically, so it was pending until the seller manually converts the currency.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB