Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Question about CI working with AS3

[eluser]R_Nelson[/eluser]
I am trying to use a post from AS3 to use a Function inside my site controller name test will CI let me do this or do i need to write raw php code files to talk with my flash program?

[eluser]adityamenon[/eluser]
$this->input->post('yourVar'); should work.

If that doesn't, $_POST['yourVar'] will definitely work. Whatever works in Raw PHP, usually also works in CI.

that's not the problem it won't run the function the only way i can get it to work is if i make just a php file in the base directory

Okay, are you following the URL patterns of Codeigniter? http://domain/controller/method/? If you are and it doesn't work, I guess you're better off with raw PHP... it must have something to do with CI's "routing" principles and stuff... forgive me, I'm no master

you hit the nail right on the head at least if someone else reads this now they will be able to understand it thanks!

Glad I could help.It's uplifting Smile

Hopefully someone else will see this and not have to spend hours looking for an answer i was hoping i could have just used a function inside of CI controller i'm hoping my raw php files will let me use CI commands so i dont have to connect to the db and that but if i do then i do!

You might want to try using PEAR if it's installed. Sure, it's not as good as CI, but it might save you from some boring unnecessary coding - PEAR files are just includes so you don't have routing issues there.

might as well just user raw code instead of learning yet another language!

There's nothing much to learn. PEAR is just raw PHP on steroids. Check this out: http://pearcalendar.sourceforge.net/examples/1.phps

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB