Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Apache - 500 Internal Server Error ??

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've uploaded all my CodeIgniter files to my Apache server however within my Apache access log I'm getting a 500 Internal Server error. The accessed home page displays blank.

I've already created a test.php file and that runs perfectly however accessing the codeigniter index.php throws a 500 error. MySQL database is running fine. The apache error logs show nothing.

I am new to Apache and CentOS. Could the error have anything to do with user access? When accessing the webpage from my browser what user does apache use to read the codeigniter files? Perhaps that user does not have rights to the file / folders?

Thanks.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
All your files need to be accessable by the webserver (i.e. the user the webserver runs with). In CentOS, that's apache. So either make them world readable, make this user member of the group (you can make that sticky if you want) or assign all files to this user.

If it's not a rights related issue: Are you explicitly requesting index.php (http://yourhost/index.php) in your URI? If not, try that. If that works, you most likely have a rewrite issue.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB