Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Language in error pages

[eluser]GreGre[/eluser]
Hi!
I hope I'm not posting this at a wrong place.
I was trying today to find a way to localise error pages. After giving it up on the internet, I went to explore the code and saw this was not considered at all.

Unless there is deeper reason, I think it should be possible to translate generic error messages and most of all headings, using language files or any other way.

But that's not all. I found out that the user guide is incomplete at this point (as it is on many other points too).

I discovered that the function show_error() takes three arguments and not two, as mentioned in the manual and that I can actually pass the error heading as the third argument.

I hope this post will help on improvement on codeigniter and eventually help someone out of trouble.

Since I'm rarely posting in this forum I will ad here that CodeIgniter is really a great framework.

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
Hi GreGre,
Quote:Unless there is deeper reason, I think it should be possible to translate generic error messages and most of all headings, using language files or any other way.

You can copy/paste the system/language/english directory, rename it according
to the language you need and edit all entries. That way you get your error
messages as needed. There are lots of translations available allready btw.
You just have to change language in config.php or switch dynamically by script.

Maybe you are right with the 3 arguments (function show_error()) I don't know
where to find that one. You can submit a recommendation in the bug - forum if
that's the case.

If you need help with the language problem post what you are trying to do in detail
and I'm sure you will get support here!

Cheers Luckyfella

[eluser]GreGre[/eluser]
Thanks! I'm familiar with language manipulation in CI. It's just that the header that appears on the error pages seems to be hardcoded. I have solved that one with the third argument mentioned above though.

[quote author="LuckyFella73" date="1307396199"]Hi GreGre,
You can submit a recommendation in the bug - forum if
that's the case.[/quote]

Do I actually submit user guide flaws to a bug forum or is there any other way to help improve the documentation?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB