Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
another JS framework

[eluser]mistress_shiira[/eluser]
hi guys!
ive been looking for js frameworks that i can use with CI.ive been trying xajax at this point in time,though the drawback is that the generated code kinda looks ugly.
im looking into ext js 2.0.any comments on that?do you have any other js frameworks you would like to suggest?i would really appreciate that.

thanks!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
The four js libraries that get the most attention are prototype, jquery, dojo and YUI.

ext js is more a widget/UI library but it has it's own base library, it's even possible to use other libraries to work together wit ext js

The prototype widget/UI library is called scriptaculous (although they are seldom used separately because scriptaculous extends prototype on a basic level), the jquery widget/UI library is called jquery UI.

dojo and ext js are similar in idea but they differ by functionality and workflow.
YUI is not only a js library but also a css library.

If you really want to do some javascript coding you should try them all and feel which suits you the best.

[eluser]Pygon[/eluser]
Just a note, you left out "Mootools" which falls in line with Dojo/ExtJS -- it is both a framework and a widget/UI library. They do have some nice functionality pre-built and some nice features that I haven't seen in other framework/libraries, but they also lack a bit too.

[eluser]mistress_shiira[/eluser]
thanks for the input guys! Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB