Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How can i use TinyMCE in CI

[eluser]redhorselancer[/eluser]
does the tinymce.init code above works on IE7? because in my experience, i have to add this option to make it work in IE7:
Code:
relative_urls : false
and of course you don't want to whack up the urls that is generated by tinymce (like when you add an anchor or an image, tinymce convert urls by default) so you need to add this option too:
Code:
convert_urls : false

well, just sharing my thoughts. Smile happy code igniting!

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
A blog article about integrating TinyMCE with CodeIgniter.

http://www.alexajax.com/tinymce

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
I have tested many WYSIWYG editors including FCK Editor, which in my opinion is very heavy, slow and comes with a lot of files and folders, etc. A good editor I have found is openWYSIWYG (http://www.openwebware.com/). I like it because it is simple, very fast, lightweight and easy to implement. By the way, TinyMCE is better if you need something with language support, skins and a lot of customizations.

Another really good option is WYMeditor (http://www.wymeditor.org/en/). It is based in jQuery and have the purpose to produce a clean formated code for applications, using only XHTML. Read its specifications in the web site.

[eluser]saintfalcon[/eluser]
Thanks for the teachings..
but please enlighten me more..
I can't seem to succeeded displaying tinyMCE into my textareas..
tiny_mce.js loaded (i can click it in view source page)
tinyMCE.init copied whole chunk..

what else should i do?

thanks in advance

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear All,
I am trying to incorporate Tinymce in codeigniter but could not get success yet, It's not displayed yet and consuming much time. One thing, as Chris mentions in his post saying..
Code:
You just have to add the TinyMCE to your site, say in ‘scripts/tinymce’ folder. [b]Then add a link to the file in the header of your web page[/b]

I did not understand the sentence, Then add a link to the file in the header, what is its meaning, how do I add file in header? how many file's link's do I place in header such as plugin and others...?
Your help will be appreciated.
Sheru

Finally i've added tinyMCE into my site *w00h00*

@sheru,
i use code below to add tinyCE integrated to my view.
Code:
[removed][removed]

if refering to Chris' reply, then it should be
Code:
[removed][removed]
and put it inside
Code:
<head></head>

it could be accomplished via <link> tag like
<link href="<?php echo base_url();?>default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
but i'm not using it

Question :
Is there anyone having difficulties of uploading "media.js" into some hosting? coz i got that problem and can't solve it.

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Hi saintfalcon,
Thank you so much for your prompt response, I did as you said but still it does not display TinyMCE.

I added
Quote:[removed][removed]
kept this code to <head> </head>

Link
Quote:<link href="<?php echo base_url(); ?>scripts/tinymce/tiny_mce.js" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

How do I call this TinyMCE editor in view?

But still not working, your help will be valuable for me.

Thank you once again for your post.

my code kept on missing *LOL*

OK here is what i do to my site, i put these into my view which page i want ALL textarea turn into tinyMCE editor
Code:
< script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo base_url()?>js/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js" >< /script >
< script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo base_url()?>js/default.js" >< /script >
< script language="Javascript" >
  initMCE();
< /script >

this is what initMCE() and default.js looks like
Code:
function initMCE() {
  tinyMCE.init({
    // General options
    mode : "textareas",
    theme : "advanced",
    //plugins : "style,table,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,preview,media,contextmenu,paste,directionality,noneditable,advlist",
    plugins : "table,preview",

// Theme options
    theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
    theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,|,bullist,numlist,|,link,unlink,image,|,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
    theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,|,sub,sup",
    theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
    theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
    theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
    theme_advanced_resizing : true,

// Example content CSS (should be your site CSS)
    content_css : "css/content.css",

// Drop lists for link/image/media/template dialogs
    template_external_list_url : "lists/template_list.js",
    external_link_list_url : "lists/link_list.js",
    external_image_list_url : "lists/image_list.js",
    media_external_list_url : "lists/media_list.js",
  });

got this from tinyMCE's official web page, and it works for me Smile

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Once again thank you for the post, I do not find default.js in my download folder inside tinymce folder. In addition to that, I even don't find template_list.js, link_list.js, image_list.js and media_list.js

Am I missing something in tinymce folder? Thank you for your help.

I downloaded TinyMCE from this URL
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinymce/...p/download

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear saintfalcon,

Thank you so much for your prompt and generous help. I really admire with your desire to help. With your help and guide, TinyMCE worked and displayed.

I see some black border around the TinyMCE. what do I do to look good formatting of TinyMCE?

Many Thanks once again. God bless you abudantly.

Sheru.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB