Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How can i use TinyMCE in CI

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Quote:Once again thank you for the post, I do not find default.js in my download folder inside tinymce folder.

The answer to that is right in front of your eyes Smile
Quote:this is what initMCE() and default.js looks like
That default.js is not found in the tinymce package. Its created by YOU and you add that function initMCE() function to that(and all other js you need if you like).

You dont actually need those template_list.js, link_list.js etc. They are there just for an example and you would create those files if you for example need custom template list. Tinymce will work with those included in settings and doesnt give you an error of missing file(s).

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear cahva,
Thank you so much for your prompt post and generous answer. It really enlightened me one step above. In the mean time, many thanks to saintfalcon too.

It consumed my one and half day but there was no joy but ultimately it was successful due to guide and help by both.

Thank you both.

[eluser]saintfalcon[/eluser]
glad to hear that you too have succeed Smile

i made the "default.js" file for my own personal need, for my globally used javascript file Smile and 1 setting for every embedded-tinyMCE-into-textarea on whatever page i'd like to show tinymce Smile

sorry if it's confusing.

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear All,
I am unable to make smaller width for TinyMCE editor. I played with
Code:
<textarea id="main_content" cols="70" rows="2" name="descrip"></textarea>
, As I played with cols="10", it does not have anything impact on it. Similary I tried other js files to see if there default width value to set but didn't have result yet.

How could I be able to change default width of TinyMCE editor? I wish to maker smaller in width. Could anyone point me on this?

Thank you all for valuable help and suggestion.
Sheru

[eluser]xmanonline[/eluser]
[quote author="sheru" date="1287056454"]Dear All,
I am unable to make smaller width for TinyMCE editor. I played with
Code:
<textarea id="main_content" cols="70" rows="2" name="descrip"></textarea>
, As I played with cols="10", it does not have anything impact on it. Similary I tried other js files to see if there default width value to set but didn't have result yet.

How could I be able to change default width of TinyMCE editor? I wish to maker smaller in width. Could anyone point me on this?

Thank you all for valuable help and suggestion.
Sheru[/quote]
You cant edit The init-Call:
Code:
tinyMCE.init({
theme:'advanced',
mode:'textareas',
language:'de',
height: '400px',
width: '620px',
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "",
theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
theme_advanced_buttons4 : "",
theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
theme_advanced_resizing : true
});

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear xmanonline,
Thank you so much for quick response. Appreciate you for helping me.

You cant edit The init-Call:
Code:
tinyMCE.init({
theme:'advanced',
mode:'textareas',
language:'de',
height: '400px',
width: '620px',
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "",
theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
theme_advanced_buttons4 : "",
theme_advanced_resizing : true
});

I changed the width:'50px' and height:'100px' for testing, it really did not have effect on width:'50px', width remain same no matter I changed the width but it did have effect as I changed the height:'100px'.

I don't know what I am missing or what is conflicting on tinymce editor's width.

Thank you xmanonline for your help.
Sheru

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
How many icons you have in there? I mean, does the width work when you make it wider(lets say 300px)? If single icon is 20px wide, you cant put many icons in 50px width(2 if my math is right Wink ). The minimum width of area is atleast the width of all the icons.

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear xmanonline,
Thank you for your help and point.

Code:
theme_advanced_buttons1:""
theme_advanced_buttons2:""
theme_advanced_buttons3:""
theme_advanced_buttons4:""
theme_advanced_resizing : false,

As per your suggestions on above post, I left theme options buttons1, 2, 3, 4 blank or keep only few parameters inside the inverted commas, during this time, It worked. It helped me to set the width and make smaller in width.

Thank you for your help. Appreciate you.
Sheru.

[eluser]sheru[/eluser]
Dear Cahva,
Thank you for your guide.You are 100% right. It actually did not want to decrease the width as I wanted decrease the width of the tinymce editor. As each theme buttons had lots of icons in button 1, 2, 3 and 4. So, I decreased the buttons and kept only useful icons for me. Then It did decrease the width.

It really consumed my time...and stuck me but thank you both; to you and xmanonline for finding the solution. Thanks once again.

Sheru

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Dose anyone know how to protect ajaxfilemanager http://www.phpletter.com/Demo/Tinymce-Aj...e-Manager/

i need help with the solution to protect the access to ajaxfilemanager only for registered users. my session stores in mysql.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB